Thursday, August 25, 2011

Today was bad, but the salad and dancing was great!

Today was a horrible, terrible, awful, bad day! Seriously. Very! I was late taking Tiernan to his matinee and late picking him up. I have NO CLUE how that happened because I am one of those organized-everything-written-down kind of people. That said, if I am dragging my husband along, I tend to be late. It runs in his family! The curse! And if it's important.. not usually late. This play? Hadn't been rushed once! Until today. I could die of embarrassment. For real. If it was possible, I likely would.

Moving on... most of the day sucked. BUT! Tonight we headed out to Marmora for Classic Cruisers. A group of the girls who dance at Angela Maracle Studios put on a beautiful dance parade. I loved it! Nothing beats a poodle skirt! ;) I have a load of photos to upload to Facebook, but for now here are a couple of my girl.





Showing off her Russian! :)


Dinner was on the go tonight. We had pretty much zero time to sit and have dinner, so I made some chickpea salad sandwiches (with some Guyanese curry instead of the dill, and the beans more pureed with a bit more mayo) on the softest onion buns and a delicious salad that I threw together. We ate it in the van on our hour long ride to Marmora. Fun. At least the scenery was pretty! Tiernan ate the salad and sandwich at the house of some friends of ours - huge thanks to them for letting him hang out and getting him to Oz on time for the first time today! :P



Craisin-Almond-Feta Salad

4-5 cups baby spinach
1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted for 5-7 minutes in the oven
1/2 cup craisins
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/2 thinly sliced red onion
3 tbsp red wine vinegar
3 tbsp olive oil
4 tsp honey
1 tsp coarse Dijon mustard
salt and pepper, to taste

Mix the vegetables, craisins, almonds, and cheese in a bowl. In a separate small bowl, mix together the vinegar, oil, honey, mustard and salt & pepper. Combine well. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss well to coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment