Friday, September 2, 2011

No food, only photos.

We enjoyed our very last beach day of the summer! We're trying to jam pack as much fun as we can into this weekend (aside from my working all day tomorrow!), and we started out really well.. minus a couple of mishaps. We met up with some friends of ours at North Beach and the kids had a blast playing in the water and sand. We barely saw them at all... except for my poor fair skinned, light haired, Irish Tiernan. Halfway through our beach visit he started to melt. He went from happy and having fun making sandcastles to lying in the sand beside me whimpering about how hot and cold (how contradictory!) he was. Eventually I had to cut the fun for the rest of the group and get him out of the sun. Our family just doesn't handle the heat and sun well - especially Tiernan. We weren't made for this kind of weather! Oh well, we still had a lot of fun while it lasted. Halfway to Slickers in Bloomfield (best ice cream, ever!), Tiernan was feeling almost 100% better. Phew!

Guess what I get to do tomorrow? I get to go to work looking like a tomato. Classy, yes? Apparently, I never learn. Typically, I wear sunscreen. Today I decided it was overcast and nearing Fall and surely it wouldn't be all that warm. Wrong. We got to the beach and it was bright and sunny with the bluest of skies. The humidex was just under 40C. Whoops. Wear your sunscreen, friends! More than an SPF of 4, too (*coughKellycough*)! Haha! But then again, you may be one of those lucky tanning type people. If you are I am sticking my tongue out at you in pure green faced jealousy!


All in all, it was a good start to the weekend. Looking forward to more fun crammed into the next few days - rain or shine! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment