Friday, October 14, 2011

Incase you weren't sweet enough..

I completely forgot to add my baking to my epic blog post last night. Right now we're having a crazy thunder storm and I thought it would be the perfect time to sit down and write them out. I love the rain - especially storms. Right now the pitter patter is so much more than that. It's more like swish-swoosh. It's dark, loud and peaceful. I've been waiting for this for so long now; it's such a relief to finally get a big storm.

The baking I have done lately hasn't really been baking. More like throwing ingredients together and chilling them. Either way, delicious. :) I'd been having cravings for rice krispie squares, so I found a vegetarian way to make them without using real marshmallows. I admit to the fact that we are not always super strict with gelatin. When we go camping, we roast marshmallows. At school when the kids are offered a square for a friend's birthday and it had marshmallows, they have a small piece. Not the end of the world! However, I try to avoid it most of the time.

The other square is a recipe I got from my friend Amber ages ago. She had brought some to one of the potlucks we hosted and no one could stop eating it. In fact, we lovingly referred to it as crack. Haha. It's such a simple but addictive dessert!



Rice Krispie Square

3 tbsp margarine
7 oz jar marshmallow creme
6 cups rice krispies

In a large saucepan, melt the margarine and marshmallow creme together. Once it is smooth, remove from the heat and add the rice krispies. Mix well to combine.

Place in a greased 9x11 casserole dish and chill until set.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*




Mars Bar Crack

3 Mars bars (I used two small and one king sized)
1/2 cup butter
3 cups rice krispies
270g milk chocolate chips
2 1/2 tbsp butter

In a medium saucepan, melt the Mars bars with 1/2 cup butter until smooth. Add the rice krispies.

Place in a greased 9x13 casserole dish.

In a small saucepan, melt the chocolate chips with the 2 1/2 tbsp butter. Pour over the top of the Mars bar/rice krispie bottom.

Chill until set.

No comments:

Post a Comment