Thursday, March 24, 2011

Dinner at lunch hour?

You might be thinking, 'Is she updating her dinner post already?!' and you'd be right! In our world today is Hella Busy Thursday. There are only a couple more HBTs before things slow down for us (by choice!), and I think we're all looking forward to it. Thursdays will still be busy after these Hella Busy Thursdays are over, but not this crazy. Today isn't too bad since the competitive season has started at the dance studio so there's no dance classes (for Rhianna) or meetings (for me) tonight. We have swimming right after school, Kung Fu for Avery & Rhianna right after that, then Kung Fu for Tiernan right after that. Then we get to rush home and change Avery into his soccer gear before rushing out to his hour long soccer practice. Not to mention that Kyle wants to go out for a Magic Draft tonight at Goodsell Collectibles, so I'm doing most of this solo.

*deep breath*

You don't want to hear about next Thursday. :P

Let's not forget all the running around I did this morning - signing kids up for Spring activities, stocking up on cat/rat/dog food/treats/litter, picking up maps and newspapers about Maple in the County, shopping for a new gym bag for Avery, and stopping at a grocery store.

At any rate, we eat on the go on Thursdays. Typically, I make something during the day, and pack it up before heading out to pick the kids up at school. This morning I made a couple of cream cheese spreads (never buy them - homemade is so much better!) that I saw on Rachael Ray. I put them on the most delicious toasted bagels in the world, St Viateur Bagels from Montreal. If you've never tried Montreal bagels - find some now! Mmmmm.

And that's it. Easiest dinner, ever!


Bunny Spread

1 container cream cheese, room temperature
1 carrot, grated
3 green onions, finely sliced

Mix in a bowl, and chill for a few hours so the tastes can mingle!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Asian Spread

1 container cream cheese, room temperature
1/4 cup cucumber, finely diced
3 green onions, finely sliced
1-2 tbsp Braggs

Mix in a bowl and chill for a few hours so the tastes can mingle!

2 comments:

  1. A friend of mine brought me some St. Viateur bagels from Montreal this summer. I MISS THEM! Best bagels ever. There's just nothing like that out here!

    MJ xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right? I don't think I could ever eat any other bagels. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete