Monday, March 21, 2011

The madness that was my past few days.

What a crazy past few days! I won't get into all of it, but let's just say it included all of the following:

-a sleep over with my lovely nieces and nephew!
-a delicious Starbucks chai care of my sister!
-a flood in my laundry room that looked and felt like a river flowing through!
-turned out, our (rented, thankfully) water tank leaked!
-water in both the laundry room as well as the rec room!
-the water missing one of our computers by a few centimeters!
-a change of plans for the all of Friday!
-a broken toilet seat!
-a sick stomach!
-headaches!
-a very late night and a very early morning so we could get into Toronto by 9am!
-a Magic tournament for the boys of the family!
-Tiernan's first tournament!
-Comic Con characters everywhere!
-a daughter who really, really, really wanted to go to Comic Con!
-a long walk to downtown Toronto for Rhianna and I!
-a trip up the CN Tower!
-a most delicious mother-daughter lunch at the top of the Tower!
-the best waiter (ever!), named Babu! He spent most of the time talking to me!
-Avery going farthest in the tournament out of Tiernan, Kyle and him!
-meeting some pretty cool guys who I hear about all the time from Kyle!
-getting stuck in traffic in downtown Toronto!
-not being able to find a place to eat dinner... with 5 starving people!
-finally finding Licks at 8:30pm, and eating the most delicious poutine and an okay veggie burger! Mental note: never head into a different city without an idea of where to go for dinner!
-the most beautiful Supermoon lighting our whole way home!
-getting my Tibby guy back from my parents!
-waking up with a bit of a cold - but boy, am I fighting this thing! Go, go, iron immune system!
-going out to support our competitive dancers from Angela Maracle Studios at Send Off - they did so well!
-going out for dinner - again!
-heading to three different restaurants before deciding on the Winchester Arms.
-finding it hilarious that the woman who works (owns?) the restaurant we really wanted to go to - Toro Sushi (which is apparently closed on Sundays) - was eating at the Winchester Arms! Haha!
-watching Amazing Race with the fam!
-back to school for the kids!
-trying to catch up on laundry for me!

It's been busy, good, and bad all rolled into one. I'm still trying to catch up on my rest and sleep.

Here are a few select pictures from our Saturday in Toronto.




No comments:

Post a Comment