Thursday, March 17, 2011

Irish!

What a long day! The most wonderful long there can be, but now I'm tired. I had big plans to update this here blog with our St Paddy's Day dinner, but that isn't going to happen right now. First my parents came over in the morning and stayed for lunch.. and then into the afternoon. Then my sister Carole, her husband and their children came here in an unexpected visit (or rather, I knew about the visit, different day than I had thought) and this means F-U-N! For the kids, and for us. My poor sister had to stand and watch me cook all afternoon, but was great company for me. It's so nice to have a second set of hands! My brother-in-law played with all the kids (which he's so good at!) and once my husband got home we sat down to feast. A St Paddy's Day feast! And yes, we are indeed Irish. :)

Tonight my sister's kids stayed for a sleep over (after our kids begged for one!) and it was a late night for those six little monkeys. The movie I rented winded down around 11pm, and by the time all the teeth were brushed, beds were made and the kids were all hugged and kissed goodnight it was 11:30pm. THEN a thunderstorm (!!! In March!!) erupted so curious little bodies had to come out of bed to investigate. They are now officially safely dreaming in their beds, and I... I am tired. Bedtime for this mama/auntie!

I will do my food entry tomorrow sometime... for now... good night, sleep tight (I'd say the bit about the bug beds, but that freaks me out a bit!)!

I leave you with the scene in my rec room a couple of hours ago! 6 kids in pjs, 4 sleeping bags, 6 bowls of Uncle Kyle's popcorn, and one tired doggie asleep on the couch. Love it.



No comments:

Post a Comment