Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Fun food days are the best!

We were supposed to head out to visit some friends today, but Rhianna wasn't feeling too hot so we had changed our plans to have a home day. Hopefully we can reschedule with these friends for next week! We puttered around the house cleaning, doing laundry, and playing The Game of Life twice. I love that game! I have a feeling we'll be playing it a whole lot... so glad that Tiernan got it for Rhianna for her birthday. You know what I LOVE about my kids? I love that they don't think twice about having two female (or male) peg people marry each other and have a family (as seen in the photo). It makes me so proud I tear up. ♥


Remember how I mentioned that Avery got a newspaper route for our local paper? He's been loving it, and I've been very impressed with how responsible he is with it. Thursday is a big day because he has flyers to deliver as well (not to mention collecting), so Tiernan and Rhianna help him out and he pays the two of them. The one bit I haven't mentioned is that I was asked to fill in as a sub when needed... and wowzers, it's busy in the summer! We've been doing another paper route all week, and we will have a third set of flyers to deliver tomorrow. That's going to take a while! Next week I start up two more subbing routes for two weeks. Can't complain - a bit of extra cash to save up is always a good thing!

Can you tell that Rhirhi's feeing much better? ;)


Dinner was one of those easy peasy fun food days. The kids were delighted! I think Kyle may have been more excited than anyone else, though. Haha! As I'm sure you can tell from the photo, we had nachos! I just cooked a few bell peppers (one red, one green, one orange, one yellow) in a bit of olive oil with some Old El Paso taco seasoning, put it on some tortilla chips, added some grated smoked cheddar and microwaved it for just under a minute until the cheese had melted. Simple and yummy. (And with freshly baked peanut butter cookies for dessert you just can't go wrong!)

Happy Hump Day, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment