Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Oh simple summer suppers. :)

This was one of those days where I didn't feel much like spending a large amount of time in the kitchen. I was headachey, I had a house full of children, and it was humid. Luckily, I had a simple dinner on the menu! I love it when that happens. I'd made this before, but it had been a while. I'm not sure why, though, because it's so fresh and tasty... yum. :)



Baguette with Roasted Red Pepper Spread

1-2 whole wheat baguettes, cut in half
(the spread is enough for two baguettes, so I bought two with the intention of having it again for lunch tomorrow)
8oz spreadable cream cheese
7oz jar of roasted red peppers, well drained and chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 mini cucumbers, chopped
romaine lettuce leaves
mixed greens

Mix together the cream cheese, roasted red pepper, and garlic until well blended. Spread it over the bottom half of the baguette. Top it with some of the chopped cucumber. Place some romaine lettuce leaves and mixed greens on the top half of the baguette. Put it together, cut it up, and dig in!


No comments:

Post a Comment