Monday, July 25, 2011

Missing an ingredient kind of day.

The kids all had dentist appointments this morning (I still have three cavity free kids, hooray!), followed by three paper routes to deliver, a grocery store to visit, a post office to pick something up at and the library for some relaxing time. By the time I got home and was ready to start making dinner, it was getting late. That's when I realized I was missing an ingredient for tonight's meal as well as tomorrow's (and tomorrow is grocery shop day for the next week). Sooo... I winged it. Threw together some ingredients to make a pasta dish, marinated my tofu in some sweet ginger chili sauce and put a handful of baby carrots on the side... dinner, done! :)


Pasta with Zucchini

1 big bag penne noodles
4 small zucchini, sliced
300g ricotta
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp Mrs Dash
1/2 tsp white pepper
1/2 tsp salt

Cook pasta according to package directions. Add the zucchini for the last minute of cooking time.

Drain pasta and put it back into the pot. Add the rest of the ingredients, mix it up well, and serve.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Headed out to Sandbanks Provincial Park yesterday. It was beautiful!



When did they get so big??



All ready to go for ice cream at Slickers in Bloomfield! Best ice cream, everrrr! :)

2 comments:

  1. See, I would have just popped up to Tescos to get the missing ingredient! Well done you for not! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way too much effort! Easier to just make something up as I go with what I have on hand. :)

    ReplyDelete