Friday, May 6, 2011

Coraline, Punky Brewster and Pretzel Bites!

Friday, Friday, Fri-day! Friday, Friday, Fri-day! Oh yes, indeed! Hello, weekend! Hello, fun!

Friday means Fun Food, right? That was indeed the case today. I made some pretzel bites that I found on Vegan Dad's blog. They're basically little veggie dogs wrapped in pretzel dough. The kids loved them, and since that was the point, I'm sure I'll be making them again. I served them with fries and some curried mayo that Kyle whipped up, some fruit (canteloupe, honeydew melon, and pineapple) and pickles. Interesting combo, I know. I definitely didn't get through much from my plate - my appetite is terrible now that I'm sick. Everyone else polished everything off, though. For Family Movie Night we watched Coraline (I was the only one who had seen it) followed up by the best show EVERRRRR! I found a Punky Brewster Disc 1, Season 1 at a thrift store here in town and squealed with delight. I couldn't wait to share it with the kids. Turns out they love it just as much as me. We watched three episodes tonight, and will likely finish it off tomorrow sometime.



I even had some leftover dough to make a pretzel for each of us. :)

Tomorrow was supposed to be incredibly busy, but now it looks like two of the activities from our to-do list have been postponed for other days. I'm certainly not complaining. This will give me some more time to try to shake this crazy cough of mine. I am looking forward to my sister Carole and her good friend (almost lifelong!) Audrey coming over. Hopefully the weather forecast is right and tomorrow is a beautiful day.

Happy weekend, friends!

3 comments:

  1. omg .. it ACTUALLY let me post a comment!! :D i "previewed" it first and it let me!!

    YAY!!!!!!!!!

    ok, so now, what i was really thinking:

    those pretzel bites look AMAZING YUM! and Punky?? That's an AWESOME find! And a great idea .. I might try to get a hold of them for the girls :)

    Have a gorgeous weekend, beautiful woman! I hope you feel better quick smart! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you had trouble commenting? That's terrible!

    You really should get your nieces Punky!! Rhianna is completely addicted now. Wants to dress up like her for Halloween. :)

    ReplyDelete