Sunday, May 8, 2011

My Mother's Day, in many photos.

My Mother's Day was fantastic from start to finish. I took about a million photos to remember each moment with, and here are some of them. :)




As I mentioned earlier, I got breakfast in bed. It was amazingly good.. you could just taste the love that went into it. There is nothing sweeter than having your children and husband make something especially for you. I enjoyed every bite I had, and even those that I shared with a certain little someone or two (coughRhiannacoughTiernancough) or even three (Scootie cat 'shared' my toast with me.. she loves margarine and she's too sweet to say no to, so she licked a slice). I even enjoyed the bites that were ruined by the orange juice flood after Kyle accidently knocked my glass over onto my plate. Haha! I may not have eaten those bites, but I appreciated every single one of them.




Nothing beats the company I had in bed while I ate it either. ♥



I got some beautiful handmade cards from all three kids. This is the front of the one from Ave. Avery is not one to enjoy card making, so for him to go ahead and make one without being prompted? That means the world to me. He doesn't enjoy drawing or spelling... he'd rather be out playing sports. I LOVE that he drew the two of us holding hands since he really doesn't do that with me anymore.



Awww. What a sweet boy he is. He may be full on into the almost teen years (hello, eye rolling!), but he's still a really good kid.



I love Tiernan's attention to detail! The rainbow's colours, the height between us, the words 'red' and 'blue' being written in those colours, the heart instead of an 'o' in love. He's so thoughtful. I also love that he signed the back with 'love, TBone'. :D



Rhianna, in true Rhianna form, made me two cards. She made one at school (as well as the cutest CD photo), and then came home and made one more. This is the inside of the one she made me at home. So sweet! I love the little cut out hearts and extra messages.



This is the front of Rhianna's school card. How I wish I had lips like that! ;)



The letter she wrote for me on the inside brought tears to my eyes. Heck, all of the cards did that. I'm a big ol' sap.



And my most amazing husband gave me the most beautiful card I've ever seen. A perfectly beautiful card, and a perfectly beautiful day.



After breakfast and morning chores, I helped Rhianna with her school project of a map of her neighbourhood while I baked some date square for my Mum. She loves date square (as do I.. and all my kids I later came to find out!), but never makes it because my Dad can't stand it. Seemed like a perfect Mother's Day surprise. :) I meant to take a picture of a slice and put up the recipe on here, but blanked out. I'll add it to tomorrow's blog post.



We sat outside on the back porch for hours watching the birds. Okay, the kids sat for a while, but then went to ride bikes. Kyle and I on the other hand? We enjoyed every second on our porch. I was taking pictures of robins (and morning doves and crows and chickadees...)... but more importantly....



... I was waiting for birds to find my new bird feeder that Kyle and the kids bought me for Mother's Day!!! Oh, I am one happy woman. :) If I ever go missing you'll likely find me on my back porch. I love birds so much, and could watch them all day long. When this little sparrow landed and I managed to get a photo (or 15!), I was giddy!



One more bird picture because I can't resist. This grackle was fun to observe. He stood on my neighbour's chimney keeping watch and communicating with all the other grackles in the area. Very, very cool to listen to their wide array of calls.



My parents came over and Kyle cooked up his specialty - crepes! Oh my, you have not lived until you have eaten Kyle's crepes. Everyone loves them. People try them, and then they keep coming back for more. They really are that good. Anyway, we ate crepes, and then we headed to the 'cheese park' for a little while. I figured it was fitting to get a picture of me with my own mama. :)

After my folks left, the kids went into their rooms for some quiet reading time so Kyle and I could watch the latest Doctor Who episode, and then we brought the kids out of bed to watch the two hour season finale of the Amazing Race. What a way to cap off my day!



And because without this guy....


... or this guy....


... or these two, I wouldn't have been a Mummy in the first place. So a big thank you for being so wonderful, for making my job so easy, and for all your love you show me. Today was awesome. I couldn't have asked for a better day. I love you!

3 comments:

  1. What a delightful day - I LOVE that you documented the day in photos. You have a beautiful family, Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really are one of the best mothers that I know! Happy mother's day beautiful lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, ladies! You're making me blush.

    ReplyDelete