Sunday, May 1, 2011

Blessed Beltane, 2011!

This is one of my most favourite days of the year! A lot of our rituals we didn't do today for multiple reasons, the biggest being how busy we were and my very, very sick husband. Instead of the big feast I had planned on, we ate leftovers. There was no new Maypole, no Goddess bread and definitely no bonfire. There was milk for the fairies, our beautiful altar and time spent outside. Tonight there was also be Beltane stories with the kids.

Avery's indoor soccer team had a wind up today with a parent vs kid game, pizza/fruit/cookies/chips lunch and lots of great conversations. Kyle even tried playing soccer for a while, but ended up in pretty rough shape after the fact. Rhianna jumped in and played on the 'parent' team and really dug in there. That girl is fierce! Tiernan, like Kyle, played for a bit before having to sit out again. His lungs just aren't back to normal yet. It was fun to get together with all of the soccer families one last time to wrap up the season. Avery was happy to have that time with his teammates. I'm glad we all ended up going!

Some sad news today, though. We have two pet rats, Rhi and Ratatta. I discovered that our poor little rattie, Rhi, broke her little hand. It isn't swollen or discolored, so I'm hoping that's a good sign. However, she is squeaking a lot and it refusing to use her hand at all. It's the saddest thing to watch. :( I really hope it heals up quickly. She will definitely be getting lots of gentle loving from all of us. Having pets can be so difficult sometimes.


On a better note... I have big plans to overwhelm you with photos from my day. ;)


Battle of the siblings! Avery vs Rhianna!




I live in the house of geeks (myself included) and I wouldn't have it any other way.




Showing me that the fairies drank half the milk we left out last night!




The colour that Spring brings along makes me feel like I've been born again.




I can't wait for the raspberries this year. I planted it last year, but it was already a second year plant, so I got some raspberries from it. This year I'm hoping for even more! Raspberries are my favourite.




I know he looks all sophisticated in this picture, but really... he was trying to ask Avery to feed him. ;)



Here are few of my favourite items on our Beltane '11 altar...



Freshly picked tulip and daffodils.




My Goddess of fertility.




Our makeshift Maypole. The ribbons symbolize all the different kinds of love. Next year I plan on having many more colours, for many more types of love.




This is one of Rhianna's fairies. Mother and Baby love.




My beautiful pregnant fairy. ♥




My newest fairy. We got this one from our dear friends, Michelle and Lonnie, while they were out visiting us in April.




And last, but certainly not least... Rhianna's baby dragon. You can't really tell in the photo, but he has just hatched from an egg. Seemed very fitting for Beltane seeing as it's main focus is on fertility.



All in all it's been a pretty fantastic Beltane. Now I just wish for a healthy family, and a rattie with a healed up hand. Surely both of those things are not too much to ask for.

Blessed be!

No comments:

Post a Comment