Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Mostly a repeat.

I have officially caught the horrible illness that's going around my home. Admittedly, this makes me quite whiney. I do not make a very good sick person. I spent a lot of today sleeping, or at the very least, lying down. The only things I've done today is get the kids ready for school, take them to swimming this evening, and make dinner. Now I feel like doing nothing else... except maybe sleeping. Anything to make my eyes stop watering! Hopefully the resting will help my body kick this illness and the cough won't make itself too comfy in my chest.

Told you I was whiney. Don't say you weren't warned!

Dinner was a repeat for the most part. I made portobello mushroom pasta, a salad with leftover dressing from yesterday, and then I made some herbed biscuits I found in my Meatless Cooking book. The buns were okay. They actually tasted really good, but they certainly didn't rise very well. The dough was also difficult to work with. I'm not giving up on them, though, and I will try them again. Tweak them a bit, and see if it helps.

The photo I took is pretty pitiful. It's taken in the basement on my pillow in my sickness nest. We watched last week's Survivor with the kids while we ate. I didn't use a flash and.. it shows. Haha.




Herbed Biscuits

1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dill weed
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp sugar
1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup milk

Preheat oven to 425.

Measure first 8 ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Cut in the butter until crumbly.

Pour milk over top. Stir until mixture forms a soft ball. Knead on a lightly floured surface 6-8 times. Roll or pat into 1/2 inch thick. Cut with 2 inch cutter. Bake on an ungreased baking sheet for 12-15 minutes. Makes 12 biscuits.

2 comments:

  1. Don't be so hard on yourself Shannon!..I would so still gobble this right up!

    ReplyDelete