Wednesday, April 6, 2011

One of those days.

Today was one of those days. You know the kind. The kind where you wake up after a long, long night of not sleeping because of cats smothering you and daughters lying beside you grinding their teeth and psoriatic arthritis flaring up in your knees and elbows (don't I feel like an old lady!). The kind where your day starts off normal, quiet and then becomes busy as can be. The kind where you'd really like to climb under the covers to try to catch up on sleep, but there's no time to do so. The kind where you get none of the things done from the always long to-do list. The kind where you go into the kitchen to make your dinner and you realize you don't have a key ingredient. The kind where you email your husband saying 'I QUIT!'.

Yes, today was just like that. So when I realized I'd forgotten to buy that key ingredient at the store this morning, I threw my hands in the air. Then, I emailed my husband again saying I was not going to cook dinner. Today, we ordered pizza and it was perfect. I was able to de-stress, eat, and take the kids to the dance studio (where my day flipped right around with many laughs - shocker!).

My friend, Natasha, asked me about easy/little prep meals. I definitely have many of those, and today's meal was *supposed* to be one of them (pad thai). Being a vegetarian means that I'm often finding myself doing a lot of chopping. I try to do that chopping earlier in the day (or the night before), so that when it comes time to actually cook the meal, it's ready to assemble. I went through my entries and tagged all the simple ones with 'quick and easy', and I'll continue to add to that as I update here. In the meantime, these are my meals that take little time to prepare. There is some chopping, but aside from that, it's pretty minimal.

She also challenged me to find quick desserts, so I'm really going to have to think about that one. My desserts tend to be a bit time consuming and we don't have them terribly often. Thanks for the ideas, Nat! :)

1 comment:

  1. No problem...i should be thanking you :)

    ReplyDelete